The Truther


Greetings y'all , 

My son called me a truther because someone kept promising him something and didn't deliver. He says that person is a liar. He says I delivered for them so I'm a truther. Children tend to cut to the chase and lay it on the line. Naturally the situation isn't that simple , or is it ? Do adults over complicate or do children over simplify ? I would posit it is a bit of both . 

He and I have been focusing on the truth lately . Since returning home from hospital and starting his meds we've noticed increased truth telling at home . I'm very proud of my young man . He and I have paid for lies. Some he told before hospital and some others have told before and after hospital . Our motto is it's easier to live with an ugly truth than a pretty lie. 

So lets talk turkey about the truth . Is the truth always black and white ? In my very humble opinion only the few and rare truisms are always black and white but like most of life the vast majority of things lay in that grey area . My guess is the grey area is 95% of life . Yet folks hold dogmatically to their version of truth . Leading to cognitive distortion and barriers. We won't always agree but if we remember perception is reality we can compromise and progress smoothly. 

I'm rather proud of my progeny . Ok ok so that's  nothing new . I'm proud of him for becoming more thoughtful , pensive, contemplative  and conscientious. Is he perfect ? No , but who is ? Does he have bad moments? Yes but who doesn't ? Does he work hard and learn ? Yeah skippy !!!

I admit I'm slightly bias but I see the glory of my child every day . I see how hard he works and his unlimited and untapped potential . �� I see a lad that has grown emotionally and spiritually . I see a lad that takes responsibly for his actions , perhaps more than many adults . I see a lad who is learning to be a man . 

I've no doubt he will be successful. My role is to keep giving him the tools he needs and keep showing him how to use them, to continue modeling honesty and acceptance . Time will tell but I believe in him and since I'm the truther ...

Thanks for reading again today folks!