personal bon mots



Greetings y'all :

As usual life has it's ups and downs. That's is the very nature of existence . We can't control that,we can only control our actions , reactions and relationship with God. Since perception is reality we choose how we perceive things and this our reality . I'd dare say our perception are formed from the song line which delivered us to this present moment . The past is not our future if we choose to change our present .  These are lessons Ace is learning. Sometime the easy way but oft times the hard way. Either way he is experiencing and learning them .

On a different note, I've been writing a letter to my son on a daily basis. The letters review the previous days events and feelings but always include positive affirmations and support . I write to others well and try pointing out the positives. Admittedly I've been slipping of late . Why ? Well not sure but I've been blue and feeling like life's punching bag. Some one suggested I try writing to myself . Uhm ... Errr... Well .. Ok but ... Here's the conundrum I can find a hundred positives for the other seven billion on this third rock from the sun but when it comes to me I'm stymied . It's not that I think negatively of myself it's just that self praise seems to throw off the universe.  Nothing says potential failure like egocentric thoughts. 

Well I wrote a few letters . If more of a chance to do some self kvetching and journaling. I mentioned to some friends my dilemma , self praise didn't feel write and .... wait for it .......... I was at a loss for words !  My friends suggested that  kind, sympathetic and a nurturer. Wow ! So that's how a few perceive me. I'm flummoxed and humbled . Then I thought and decided to accept those bon mots. I realized it does not make me egotistical and that by my very nature those are qualities I've been cultivating for some time. 

Still it's strange to overtly think positive thoughts about myself . My only excuse is I've declared this to be the year of self care. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ! 

Thanks for reading again today folks. "Have a very fruitful day" jimmy buffet